|.: Procedure of submission, reviewing and publication of manuscripts :.|
Procedure of submission, reviewing and publication of manuscripts
1. Submitting manuscript to the journal Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii (Higher Education in Russia) authors guarantee that it is an
original work and it is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
2. Manuscripts are submitted at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
They must be prepared according to the Authors’s guide.
The submitted paper is viewed by the deputy editor or associate editor to assess its suitability for the journal according to the rules for
manuscript submission and publication.
Author’s document set should include the following positions:
- Authors’ data (First name, middle initial and last name; Affiliation and position; Academic degree; Postal address; E-mail
address; Work or mobile telephone number);
- Manuscript file in Word format (font – 11-point Times New Roman; the paper should not exceed 7–8 pages);
- Title (no more than 5–7 words);
- Abstract (250–300 words; should summarize concisely the content and conclusions of the paper);
- Keywords (5–7);
- References (each numbered, ordered sequentially as they appear in the text; all authors should be
included in reference lists; references to websites should give authors if known, title of cited page, URL in full, and year of posting in
On this step if the manuscript doesn’t meet the submission requirements or fall within the scope of the journal it is declined.
3. After the initial filtering the paper undergoes peer-reviewing procedure (single-blind), which is held either by Editorial staff members
(internal reviewing) or by involved additional reviewers (external reviewing). The assigned reviewers are experts within the scope of the
journal and for the last three years have publications in the topic areas of the research papers submitted. The referee is supplied with a special checklist form.
Detailed information about the peer-review procedure you may read here.
4. Upon receipt of review report the Editorial Board makes a decision on the possibility of paper publication. There are three variants:
a) the manuscript can be accepted for further publication, b) accepted with major or minor revisions, c) declined. The author receives the
corresponding notification. As a rule, the submission and peer-reviewing process takes 3-6 weeks.
5. After receipt of a positive reviewer's conclusion the preparation process for publication begins including editor's communication with the
author, scientific editing, author's approval of revising, literary correction, copyediting, and proof-reading.
6. A manuscript subject to revising and substantial editing is directed to the author with the reviewer's report attached with an offer to
prepare a new variant. The revised manuscript will be treated as a new manuscript, and it will go through all or some of the stages above. The
author is recommended to attach comments to the reviewer's critique notes in order to quicken the reviewing process. The paper will be
registered by the date of its new submission.
7. In case of paper's rejection the editorial staff informs the author of the decision and sends him the review copy.
8. The originals of reviews are retained in the editorial office within 5 years. The copies of reviewers' reports can be sent to the Ministry of
Education and Science of the Russian Federation on corresponding request.
9. By submitting the paper the author agrees to its publication in the free-access scientific electronic library e-LIBRARY (www.elibrary.ru)
and on the platform of the "National Electronic-Information Consortium" (NP "NEICON").
10. Publication in the journal Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii (Higher Education in Russia) is free of charge.