|.: Peer-review procedure :.|
1. All the manuscripts submitted to Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii (Higher Education in Russia) are reviewed by the Editor to assess its
suitability for the journal according to the guidelines determined by the editorial policy. On this step of the initial filtering the
manuscript can be rejected if the content doesn't fall within the scope of the journal or it fails to meet sufficiently our basic criteria
and the submission requirements.
2. The papers accepted for publication are subjected to the single-blind peer review process which can be accomplished either by the members of
Editorial staff (Heads of Departments) or by involved additional reviewers (experts from the Russian Academy of Science, Russian Academy of
Education, university professors, members of associations and scientific communities, such as Technical Universities Association, IGIP Russian
Monitoring Committee (RMC IGIP), Association for Engineering Education of Russia (AEER), Association of the Classical Universities of Russia
(ACUR). The assigned reviewers are experts within the scope of the journal and for the last three years have publications in the topic areas of the
research papers submitted.
3. The reviewer evaluates the compliance of the manuscript according to the following principles:
1) compliance with the thematic scope of the journal;
2) relevance to the publication guidelines and journal policy;
3) scientific merit (novelty);
4) paper evaluation from the point of view of plagiarism (verbatim copying, paraphrasing, re-using parts of a work without attribution) or
5) presentation and understandability of the paper on the whole, comprehension of the topic area, and the validity of research results;
6) methodology used (paper's arguments, methods and conclusions);
7) adequacy of citations and references to other sources;
8) quality of a text including language style, logics, and general readability.
4. The reviewer's report should provide one of the following recommendations: a) to accept the paper for publication in the journal Vysshee
obrazovanie v Rossii (Higher Education in Russia), b) to accept the paper for publication with major or minor revisions according to the
reviewer's commentaries and suggestions; 3) to decline paper.
5. Submission process and peer-review procedure take about 3-6 weeks. Accepted articles are usually published in the order in which they pass the
review process, but the editorial board reserves the right to determine the sequence in which articles are published and to publish some papers
out of turn.
6. The approved manuscripts are put into the preparation and production process.
7. If the manuscript was declined by the editor or the reviewer didn't recommend it for publication the associate editor informs the author
about the rejection. In case the manuscript requires revision the associate editor sends the reviewer's report to the author. The revised
variant of the paper has to undergo the new peer-review process. The originals of reviews are retained in the editorial office for 5 years.
8. A copy of reviewer's report is sent to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on the corresponding request.